Elaine Sutton Ekes
- Wisconsin, 2000
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin, 2000
- Marquette University Law School, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, 2000, J.D.
- Honors: James F. and Patricia Janz Scholar, 1999-2000; CALI Awards, 1999;
- State Bar of Wisconsin Outstanding Public Interest Law Student Award, 1999;
- Marquette Law Review, 1999-2000; Moot Court Executive Board, 1999-2000
- Ball State University, Muncie, Indiana, 1993, B.S.
- Legal Administration with Social Work and Interpersonal Relations Minors
- Honors: Dean's List; nationally recognized debate team
Honors and Awards:
- Outstanding Public Interest Law Student – Marquette Law School – 1999 State Bar of Wis.
- Selected for the Wisconsin Rising Stars List, 2008, 2010 and 2011
- Racine County Bar Association - The Cynthia L. Murphy Community Volunteer Award in 2017
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- State Bar of Wisconsin
- Racine County Bar Association
Elaine is an appointed member of the Racine County Ethics Board. Elaine served as an appointed member to the Leadership Council for the Racine County Economic Development Corporation from 2013-2018. She has previously served her community as an appointed member of the Racine Plan Commission for seven years. She has also volunteered her time in the past as a Board Member for the Health Care Network, Inc., an organization that provides free or reduced cost medical and dental services through a volunteer network of 300+ health care professionals and as a Board Member for the Racine Literacy Council. Elaine has also previously volunteered as a tutor at the Racine Literacy Council.
Elaine was born in Chicago, Illinois and grew up in a small farming community in Northern Indiana. After graduating from college, she relocated to Wisconsin. During law school, she clerked at the Legal Aid Society and the Waukesha County District Attorney’s Office. After graduating from Marquette University Law School, she practiced municipal law at Hostak, Henzl & Bichler, S.C. from 2000 until 2011.